Friday, November 11, 2016

The Pistol-I formation and future of K-State football

In this article over at Football Study Hall I talk about the Pistol-I formation and how it allows an offense to make the most of both the classic I-formation and modern spread-option run game concepts.

Some Big 12 team should think about utilizing the idea of modern, Tom Osborne-esque offense oriented around classic power football and option and then utilize the Pistol-I to help accomplish that goal. After all, the Big 12 can barely stop Texas running the ball from this set with D'Onta Foreman and they barely do anything else from the package but run zone slice.

Just watch, there's about a 50% chance that Kansas State hires Tracy Claeys this offseason to replace a retiring Bill Snyder and they take that path to remain relevant.

1 comment:

  1. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it! Rifle scope

    ReplyDelete